HomeAmazing Gulf Shores Activities for This Fall Season | Gulf Shores VacationAmazing Gulf Shores Activities for This Fall Season | Gulf Shores Vacation
- Phenomenal weather. Mild temperatures and relaxing breezes give the beach a whole different, refreshing atmosphere.
- Smaller crowds. With school back in session, Alabama beaches feel like your own, private peace of paradise.
- Affordable rates. Take advantage of off-season rates on Gulf Shores activities, Orange Beach and Fort Morgan rentals. It’s the perfect time to book a beach vacation rental you’ve had your eye on, and give it a trial run before your annual summer vacation in Gulf Shores!
Gulf Shores Activities:
- While those are the top reasons we love a fall vacation in Gulf Shores, we won’t stop there. With such great weather, this beach town has a lot going for it during the fall months. Check out seven of our favorite things to do in Gulf Shores this fall, also known as our “second summer.”
- Swim. That’s right! The water is still warm enough to swim in through October, and even early November, depending on your temperature preferences.
- Eat. Oh my, do we love to eat! In Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, we’re foodies at heart and there’s plenty of evidence. Take a look at our calendar and see all the fun, culinary festivals held throughout the fall. Whether you’re a seafood lover or a wine enthusiast, there’s a Gulf Shores festival with your name on it. Be sure to put one or two of these on your to-do list for your fall vacation in Gulf Shores. They include the Annual National Shrimp Festival, The Wharf Uncorked Wine & Culinary Event, Oyster Cook-Off & Craft Beer Weekend at The Hangout and the World Food Championship. Browse available vacation rentals near your favorite festival.
- Segway Tour. Roll on through the Gulf State Park on an eco-tour with Coastal Segway Adventures. It’s a fun way to experience a slice of paradise with some very unique transportation. Your guide will tell you all about the history of the area and the ecosystems that make up the Gulf State Park. If you’ve never ridden a Segway, don’t worry. Prior to hitting the trails, your guide will give you a lesson to ensure you’re “road ready.”
- Glass blowing. There truly is no other activity like hot glass blowing in Orange Beach! Visit The Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center and watch a demonstration in the open-air studio located on beautiful Wolf Bay. If you want to take home your own, handmade souvenir, we highly recommend you take a lesson and create your own art. Yes! The artists will let you create your own blown glass! Plan your session early on in your trip. Your creation will need to cool overnight in a kiln to prevent it from breaking. If you’re unable to get there until the later part of your trip, the Coastal Arts Center will ship your art to you.
- Sunset kayaking. Once you’ve kayaked at sunset, you’ll want to do it again and again, especially at the beach. Alabama’s beaches have breathtaking sunsets in October, making paddling away one of our favorite things to do in Gulf Shores during the fall.
- Golf. Tee off with cooler temps and lush greens on a championship golf course in Gulf Shores. Kiva Dunes Golf Course and Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club are both located near numerous Fort Morgan condos and beach house rentals. In fact, if you want to be close to the golfing action, take a look at this four-bedroom luxury beach house rental at Kiva Dunes. You’re just a chip shot away from great golf!
- Explore history. When you book a Fort Morgan vacation rental, you’re close to another one of our favorite things to do in Gulf Shores during the fall. Your options for exploring the Alabama Gulf Coast’s past are many. You don’t have to be a history lover to enjoy a day exploring century’s old forts. You’ll also find plenty of Instagram-worthy spots to snap a selfie! You’re just a short drive from historic Fort Morgan. You can also take the Mobile Bay Ferry to Dauphin Island and explore Fort Gaines. If you’re a birdwatcher, Dauphin Island is known for its birding population, too! Haven’t had your fill of history, yet? Take a drive to the USS Alabama Memorial Park in nearby Mobile to tour a historic battleship commissioned in 1942. Browse our cool deals now!
We could go on. This is just a small sampling of all the fun to be had on a fall vacation in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. For more ideas, read