Nothing says “summer is here” like a vacation to the beach in July! Head to the Alabama Gulf Coast and spend the hot summer days on serene white-sand beaches. We’ll let you in on the best local tips so you can make the most out of your getaway to Gulf Shores in July.
No beach vacation is complete without an amazing rental that you can turn into your home away from home. Harris Vacation Rentals is happy to offer top-notch properties throughout Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan.
Your Guide to Gulf Shores in July
What’s your favorite summer month? We can’t help but favor Gulf Shores in July. Keep reading to find out how you can have the best vacation ever!
Gulf Shores Weather in July
It’s no secret that the weather heats up during July in Gulf Shores. The high temperature is typically around 90 degrees, with the low being around 75 degrees. The water temperature hovers at about 84 degrees, perfect for taking a dip during a fun-filled beach day.
Rainy Day Activities
When you vacation by the coast, there’s always a chance you might encounter some rainy days, especially in July. That’s no problem! Our area is filled with exciting things to do, no matter what the weather brings.
- Indoor trampoline park – Do you or the kids have lots of energy to burn? Head to The Factory and bounce away the day. From foam pits to dodge ball to trampoline basketball, the opportunities for thrilling fun are endless.
- Bowling – One of the best rainy day activities to enjoy at the beach year after year is bowling. Gulf Bowl features over 20 bowling lanes, in addition to a full-service bar and grill, arcade, laser tag course, high ropes course, and pool tables.
- Catch a movie – Head to Cobb Pinnacle 14 Theatres in Gulf Shores and spend the day warm and dry inside the movie theater. If you’re visiting on a Tuesday, you can enjoy $5 ticket prices!
Celebrate the Fourth of July
Take advantage of a three-day weekend and celebrate July 4th in Gulf Shores. There are lots of dazzling fireworks displays and lively celebrations that will make this day unforgettable.
- Fireworks show at Gulf Shores Public Beach – This annual celebration is free to the public and cherished by locals and visitors alike. Head to the beach and enjoy live music, food trucks, and outstanding fireworks shot from the Gulf State Park Fishing and Education Pier.
- Independence Day Street Party at The Wharf – Head to Orange Beach and attend the street party and fireworks celebration at The Wharf. This extravaganza features vendors, face painting, a petting zoo, and a dance floor with lively music. Plus, the fireworks display includes a sound and light show!
- 4th of July Celebration at OWA – Celebrate Independence Day with family-friendly activities, live entertainment, and an out-of-this-world fireworks show at OWA, the area’s best amusement park.
Pick the Best Beach House in Gulf Shores
It’s time to plan your best summer vacation yet. When it comes to luxurious vacation rentals along the Alabama Gulf Coat, Harris Vacation Rentals has got you covered. We offer homes with top-notch amenities, such as oceanfront views, private pools, community pools, hot tubs, beach access, game rooms, and more! For years we’ve been helping families have memorable beach vacations, and we can’t wait to do the same for you.