Gulf Shores, Alabama, is located in the heart of the Alabama Gulf Coast and is quickly becoming a popular spot for fun-filled beach vacations. If you’re in the mood for a change of scenery during your stay in coastal Alabama, embark on a day trip to a nearby charming town. We’ll tell you about some of the best Gulf Shores day trips we think you’ll enjoy.
Are you ready to visit the Alabama Gulf Coast? Browse our luxurious properties in Fort Morgan, Gulf Shores, and Orange Beach and find the perfect home away from home for you!
Browse Our Vacation Rentals
The Best Gulf Shores Day Trips
Only a 55-minute drive away from Gulf Shores
Pensacola is a family-friendly beach town filled with history and nature. The city has a proud military heritage and is the home of the famous Blue Angels, officially known as the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron. During your day trip from Gulf Shores to Pensacola, pick from many top-notch activities and attractions.
- National Naval Aviation Museum – As one of the most visited museums in Florida, the National Naval Aviation Museum is a fascinating attraction, no matter how young or old you are. Some of the most popular exhibits include flight simulators, authentically reproduced cockpits of dozens of famous aircraft, vintage aircraft, and themed exhibits focusing on the Vietnam War and World War II.
- The Pensacola Lighthouse – This historic structure sits on the Naval Air Station grounds and dates back to 1858. It was renowned for featuring a first-order Fresnel lens, which was the most powerful available during its time. If you’re up for an adventure, climb the lighthouse’s 177 steps and find panoramic views of the Pensacola Bay, Gulf of Mexico, historic forts, and the Pensacola city skyline.
- Condor Sailing Adventures – If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind sailing expedition, Condor Sailing Adventures is your spot. This isn’t your typical dolphin tour. Your group will set sail on a private, spacious world-class Condor racing trimaran and cruise through Pensacola Bay during the day or at sunset.
Only a 90-minute drive away from Gulf Shores
If you’re craving a relaxing day with fresh air, nature, and breathtaking flowers and landscaping, you need to head to Theodore and take a stroll through a spectacular garden.
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home – This gorgeous 65-acre estate is the former home of Mobile Coca-Cola bottler Walter Bellingrath and his wife. No matter what time of the year you explore the gardens, you’ll be greeted by lush green lawns and colorful gardens. You can find camellias in the winter, azaleas in the spring, roses and hydrangeas in the summer, and chrysanthemums in the fall.
Only an hour-long drive away from Gulf Shores
Head to Mobile and embrace everything the city has to offer. Mobile is known for being the home of the oldest Mardi Gras celebrations in the country, historical sites, and mouthwatering fresh seafood and southern comfort dishes.
- USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park – This park is home to the USS Alabama Battleship, which served in World War II and was renovated and preserved to showcase its grand beauty. Today, you can tour the ship and gaze at 25 vintage military aircraft.
Stay With Harris Vacation Rentals
It’s time to plan your Gulf Coast getaway! Browse our properties and find your dream vacation home. Whether you’re looking for beach views, a private pool, a hot tub, or a pet-friendly rental, we’ve got you covered! Book your stay with us today.
View Our Properties