It’s the best day of the summer—Independence Day! It’s the day for celebrating with fireworks, concerts, family reunions, cookouts, and maybe some beach volleyball or baseball (after all, it is the national pastime). There’s something exciting for everyone during a Gulf Shores 4th of July!
The following events might be postponed or altered due to COVID-19. Be sure to check event websites.
Gulf Shores 4th of July Fireworks
- Pack the car and take the family out to Gulf State Park for an unforgettable 4th of July celebration. During the day you can enjoy outstanding outdoor activities, such as fishing, parasailing, kayaking, or paddleboarding. You can also stroll the shores searching for dazzling seashells. During the evening, a free firework show will be set off from the fishing pier.
- Another cherished Gulf Shores 4th of July tradition is heading to the Wharf in Orange Beach. Children can enjoy the bouncy houses and face painting. The Wharf also has a zip line course, mini-golf, an escape room, movie theaters, shopping, restaurants, and more. Throughout the day there will be live music, refreshing drinks, and delicious food. Finish off the evening with their free fireworks extravaganza!
Other Fun-Filled Activities
- The 4th of July is a day unlike any other. It’s the perfect excuse to get away for a long weekend and spend the day at a quirky, beachfront bar throwing back refreshing cocktails. Head to one of the awesome local watering holes in Gulf Shores and have a blast.
- For those of you who like a little history with your Gulf Shores 4th of July celebrations, head out and explore historic Fort Morgan. This masonry fort first used during the Civil War. During your visit, there are plenty of events to check out, including guided tours, photo exhibits, and arms demonstrations. The fort is open every day and is also pet-friendly.
- Of course, since it is July, it’s hot! But relief from the heat is just a few steps away – head to the beach and cool off! Spend the day doing all the beach activities you love – looking for dolphins, taking a dip, catching a tan, paddleboarding, or parasailing.
Spend the Holiday at an Awesome Vacation Rental
Whether it’s just you and your sweetie or your entire extended family, Harris Vacation Rentals has the perfect rental for your Gulf Shores 4th of July celebrations. If you love a good BBQ cookout, we offer vacation rentals perfect with grills on private decks. Our helpful staff will be more than happy to assist you in finding just the right activities and the perfect rental for your family holiday. Give us a call today, and Happy Fourth of July!