Payments and Policies
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
Deposits are due at time of booking. All payments made for deposit apply toward the final balance of the reservation. The deposit is not a security deposit and will not be refunded after your reservation is completed.
All reservations are charged non-refundable fees which are included in your deposit at the time of booking. Non-refundable fees are identified as the processing fee, cancellation fee and paid travel insurance.
If booking more than 180 days prior to arrival date a deposit of $500 is due for reservations less than $10K and $1000 for reservations equal to or greater than $10K.
|½ balance of total trip cost||Due 180 days prior to arrival, or at the time of booking if arrival date is less than 180 days.|
|Final Payment||Due 60 days prior to arrival|
Please check your reservation for accuracy and call us immediately with any discrepancies. Please note that reservations made online that do not meet the booking restriction requirements will not be valid.
Listed below are the payment options we offer from our most to least preferred:
1) Debit Card or E-Check – We will gladly waive our processing fee if you choose to pay with a debit card or e-check. This must be the only form of payment on the reservation. This is our preferred method of payment.
3) MasterCard and Discover – We gladly accept these two cards and they are our second most preferred option.
4) Visa and American Express – We can take these cards but we prefer that you use one of the other options. These are expensive for us to process and we try to keep costs down for you, our guest.
Please note that a 3% credit card processing fee will be added to each credit card transaction. Guests may use a debit card or e-check for the entire purchase price of the reservation to make a payment at no additional charge.
Please note than only one discount can be applied per reservation. Multiple discounts cannot be applied to the same reservation.
The Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules listed here and in the home at all times while at the property and shall require all members of the rental party and anyone else the Guest permits on the property to abide by the same at all times while at the property.
PROPERTY PROTECTION PROGRAM:
Our properties are valuable and reasonable care should be taken with them during your rental. We have an in house damage policy that covers our costs for unintentional, accidental damage to our units during their rental. Thus, we do not collect and hold refundable damage deposits, except in certain special situations. We charge renters a nonrefundable $49.00 damage waiver fee (depending on the specific property) to ensure the protection of our properties. If, during your stay, you or a member of your party or your guest causes any damage to real or personal property of your rental unit as a result of unintentional accidental acts or omissions, you must notify management at that time. You are liable to us, and the credit card on file will be charged, for any damages caused by you or a member of your party or your guest that are not reimbursed to us or exceed the $1,500 maximum per-incident limit of our waiver. Special or large event or pet deposits may be charged in certain situations.
The Guest shall allow Homeowner/Property Manager and their various service providers access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. This right to access shall be exercised in a reasonable manner. Guests may not refuse Harris Vacation Rentals entry at any time.
All of the units are privately owned; the owners and or property managers are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The home owners and/or management company are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
We strive to present you a vacation home that well-kept and in a clean condition. If you arrive and find the home is not in a clean condition please notify us immediately so that we can come and correct the problem. By accepting this reservation, the guest is agreeing to give Harris Vacation Rentals the opportunity to correct any housekeeping issues in a fair and timely manner. No refunds or rate adjustments will be made if cleaning issues are resolved in a fair and timely manner.
– There is no daily housekeeping service. The cleaning fee that you have paid is for a cleaning at the end of your stay for the next guest. If you would like a cleaning service during your stay we can arrange that at an additional charge.
– Bed and bath linens are included in the unit. One towel will be provided per person based on the maximum number of occupancy. Linens are not allowed to go on the beach or the deck. We ask that you bring your own beach towels.
We strive to give our guests a home with no maintenance issues. However, sometimes things do happen. Please report and broken items to Harris Vacation Rentals immediately. By accepting this reservation, the guest is agreeing to give Harris Vacation Rentals the opportunity to fix any maintenance issues in a fair and timely manner.
-Air conditioners, televisions, appliances, amenities, internet service and cable service are provided in some units but are not guaranteed. In the case of a malfunction, Harris Vacation Rentals will strive to repair the issue as soon as possible when the item is reported. Report any items to Harris Vacation Rentals at 877-446-4853. We will not provide any refunds or rate adjustments for interrupted services.
-Unforeseen repairs and necessary maintenance to the grounds and buildings are managed by individual Condo Associations and Harris Vacation Rentals has no control over schedules, the duration or extent of work being done on property or adjacent/adjoining properties, including new construction. Work is rarely done after-hours or on weekends, however when necessary there may be limited or restricted access to certain areas of the grounds or property. In cases where Harris Vacation Rentals is notified in advance, we will do our best to inform guests of any projects that could be in progress during your visit. No cancellations or monetary refunds will be made for noise or restricted access to elements at property or adjacent properties.
Grilling is permitted at some of our properties. Please call our office to confirm if grilling is allowed at the property you will be staying at.
– Grills are provided at some but not all of our properties. Please call our office to confirm if a grill will be provided.
- If a gas grill is provided at the property, Harris Vacation Rentals is not responsible for providing propane. This is the responsibility of the tenant. Tenants must purchase the propane for their own use.
We love people of all ages, and we want everyone to enjoy our homes. However, we do require that an adult 25 years or older to reserve the home and be present at the home during your entire stay. We do not rent to anyone under the age of 25. We have no exception to this policy. If you are found to not be in compliance with this policy you will be immediately evicted from the premises without a refund of any amount.
***Harris Vacation Rentals reserves the right to refuse a reservation or booking at their discretion***
Some of our properties are pet-friendly for dogs. We require a $150 pet fee for each pet. This fee is not a deposit and will not be returned to you after your stay. We limit the number of pets to two with a few minor exceptions. We reserve the right to not allow pets for any reason that we deem acceptable. Any home that is found to have a pet and has not paid a pet fee will be charged $300 per pet.
Rules for our pet owners:
– You are responsible for cleaning up after any accidents that your pet has. This must be an immediate and thorough cleaning of the area. In addition to this cleaning you are required to report this incident to us immediately so that we can schedule a thorough disinfecting.
– You are not to leave the pet unattended at the property. (Unless they are securely locked in a kennel that you provide.)
– Pets are at no time and for no reason allowed on furniture or beds.
– Pets are at no time and for no reason allowed to be on or in contact with any towels, blankets, sheets, wash cloths or any other such item in the home.
– Pets may not be washed in the bathtub or shower.
– There should not be excess hair from your pet in the home. You are responsible for cleaning any such hair before you depart.
– It is your responsibility to report and pay for any damage caused by your pet. Please remember that your financial obligation if for the full amount that it will cost Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc. to repair any damages for the next guest.
– Under no circumstance and for no duration of time can your pet be allowed to harass or impose on another guest, be it a guest of Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc., to repair any guest of another management company, or another property owner. If it is deemed by Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc. that your pet is causing a disturbance you will be asked to find another location to house your pet for the duration of your stay. If you are not able to control your pet or find alternative accommodations, you will be evicted without compensation.
Harris Vacation Rentals Cancellation Policy:
It is the policy of Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc. to not refund money in the event of a hurricane. We understand that this can occur during your stay and HIGHLY recommend the purchase of trip insurance for your protection.
If there is a mandatory evacuation, you MUST evacuate. Under no circumstances will you be permitted to stay in the home under such an evacuation. Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc. is not responsible for you or your belongings when you are evacuating the area.
Harris Vacation Rentals Management, Inc. will begin immediately to prepare the homes for the storm and will not be able to discuss any storm-related refunds or issues during what will be an extremely busy and stressful time. We appreciate your patience with us during this process.
What should you do now? The National Weather Service does a fantastic job of spotting, tracking, and informing the public about storm threats. The Service will announce a storms threat days or a week in advance. When this happens we must be in a wait and see mode. Until the storm is closer to landfall, we will not have a clear understanding of where the storm will hit and what precautions will be needed.
Weddings may be allowed at some properties. All wedding parties will be charged a non-refundable $500 fee. The wedding guests may not exceed the maximum occupancy of the home. Failure to report a wedding will result in ejection. Please contact our office to see if your property is wedding friendly. Additional fees may apply.
Causes of Ejection of Undesirable Guest laws of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
You are reserving your unit under the authority of the Causes of Ejection of Undesirable Guest laws of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. The causes of ejection are listed for you below.
- If you, the named party of reservation, are found to be under the age of 25 years old.
- If the named party of the reservation is not present at the unit, in direct supervision of the guests or invitees at the unit, or cannot become present and maintain direct supervision of the guests or invitees at the unit within an immediate and appropriate time.
- If the capacity of the unit is exceeded by daytime visiting guests or night-time occupants of the unit.
- If damage to the unit is visible or otherwise evident.
- If the guests or invitees of the unit are in any way disrupting the peaceful occupation of the neighboring homes.
Ejection of the guest, their possessions, and their invited guests will be completed pursuant to the law if the guest is deemed in violation of any of these listed items.
Guests may be asked to sign a written Rental Agreement for some properties.