Alabama’s Gulf Coast is known for its 32 miles of pristine, sandy white beaches. During your visit to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, you can enjoy fascinating native wildlife, picturesque scenery, and outdoor adventures. However, none of this would be possible if we didn’t do our part to be environmentally-friendly and “leave only our footprints behind.” If you’re curious how you can do your part and how you can do the best eco-friendly travel in Gulf Shores, please keep reading!
Harris Properties is happy to offer the easiest way to book your Gulf Shores activities and tours. Use our OnceThere program to reserve all of the area’s best activities in one convenient spot.
Tips and Tricks for Eco-Friendly Travel in Gulf Shores
If you’re new to the idea of being environmentally-conscious, that’s no problem! There are many simple ways to start easing yourself into the lifestyle.
- Carry a reusable water bottle – The best way to prevent adding unnecessary plastic to the environment is by ditching disposable water bottles. You can also carry a glass or metal straw to use as you sip summer cocktails to avoid polluting the natural habitats of our nesting sea turtles.
- Avoid driving your car – Every time you start your car engine, you immediately pollute toxins and chemicals into the environment. Thankfully, it’s convenient to avoid using your vehicle during your stay in Gulf Shores. You can rent a bicycle and explore the town with the sea breeze blowing through your hair. If you’re looking the perfect place to cycle and get some extra exercise, hop on the 15-mile Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail or ride through Gulf State Park.
- Save energy – We know that summer temperatures can rise and be brutal. However, sometimes we’re greeted by cooler days with refreshing ocean breezes. If that’s the case, take a break from using your air conditioning and open your deck/balcony doors or windows.
Continue to go green during your vacation and participate in fun-filled ventures that don’t leave a carbon footprint.
- Kayaking – Hop in a kayak and explore the local waterways and get a workout in. There’s no better way to sightsee the waters than this!
- Paddleboarding – Most people have kayaked or canoed before. Have you ever tried paddleboarding? Give it a try! You’ll get a full-body workout and enjoy the sights of the coast.
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge – This refuge was established to protect migratory birds, sea turtles, and other endangered native species. You’ll have a blast hiking through the gorgeous nature trails and searching for wildlife and rare flora and fauna. You can also fish, birdwatch, and boat at Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge.
Stay With Harris Properties
Make a Harris Properties vacation rental your home away from home during your eco-friendly travel in Gulf Shores. Many of our Gulf Shores properties feature private beach access so that you can walk to the beach! You can also have access to sparkling pools, fitness centers, boat slips, and beautiful piers. With Harris Properties, you always feel like you’re in a serene oasis. Browse our vacation homes today and find the perfect one for you!