A vacation to the Alabama Gulf Coast has something fun for everyone in the family, including your four-legged family members! Here at Harris Vacation Rentals, we offer a wide array of pet-friendly vacation rentals in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan. If you want to get out and about during your trip, you don’t have to leave your dog at home. There’s plenty of activities throughout the area where you can bring Fido. Keep reading to learn how you can have the best pet-friendly vacation in Gulf Shores.
As you get excited about your Gulf Shores getaway, you’ll want to start booking fun-filled activities to enjoy during your vacation. You can book all your excursions in one convenient place with OnceThere.
Your Pet–Friendly Vacation in Gulf Shores
Whether you want to spend the day on the beach sunbathing and swimming, explore the great outdoors, or sit down for a delicious bite to eat, there’s plenty of ways that your dog can get in on the fun with you during a pet-friendly vacation in Gulf Shores.
Dog-Friendly Beaches and Parks Along the Alabama Gulf Coast
- Fort Morgan Beach – Compared to beaches in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Fort Morgan Beach is considerably more serene and private. If you want to spend the day in the sugar-white sand, your leashed pooch is welcome to join you. Dogs are permitted between the Old Fisherman’s Warf and Fort Morgan Pier.
- Orange Beach Waterfront Park – This gulf-front spot is a fantastic place to spend the day with your human and fur kids. The park features a 400-foot fishing pier, scenic walking paths, picnic areas with grills, and restrooms.
- Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail – Reconnect with Mother Nature and head to the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail. This area consists of interconnected nature trails that span over 27 miles. Your pup will have a blast exploring the trails and roaming through swamplands, freshwater marshes, and lush forests.
- Gulf State Park – At Gulf State Park, your dog can join you for hikes along their nature trails. If you want to let your pup run free off-leash, that’s an option at their Dog Pond. Here, you’ll find obstacles for agility training, communal toys like tennis balls and hoops, and an exercise course that includes jumps, weaves, tunnels, and more!
Other Dog-Friendly Attractions
- Tiki’s Mini Golf – indulge in a bit of friendly competition with a round of miniature golf. At Tiki’s Mini Golf, well-behaved canines on leashes are welcome. This 18-hole course is shaded by majestic oak trees, keeping you and your dog cool during hot summer days.
- Historic Fort Morgan – Go back in time and visit this fascinating Civil War-era fort. Your leashed dog is welcome to join you as you explore the barracks and watch live re-enactments. Fort Morgan guards the entrance to Mobile Bay, which has sandy beaches for dogs to explore.
Dog-Friendly Restaurants Near Gulf Shores
- The Royal Oyster – 807 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Pirate’s Cove Marina & Restaurant – 6664 Co Road 95, Elberta, AL 36530
- Cosmo’s Restaurant & Bar – 25753 Canal Road, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Flora-Bama Yacht Club – 17350 Perdido Key Drive, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Flora-Bama Ole River Grill – 17400 Perdido Key Drive, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Fisher’s Dockside – 27075 Marina Road, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- And more!
Pick Your Gulf Shores Pet-Friendly Rental
When it comes to pet-friendly vacation rentals, we’ve got you covered. We know that pet-sitters and kennels can be expensive, so why not bring man’s best friend along with you? Harris Vacation Rentals offers pet-friendly house rentals throughout Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan. Many of these homes feature Gulf views, private pools, hot tubs, game rooms, and more!
Check our availability and start planning your Alabama Gulf Coast vacation. We can’t wait to host you!