The Gulf Shores area is the ultimate place for a fun, relaxing, and unforgettable beach vacation! Whether you want to spend your time on the beach or inland, there are so many great things to see and do. Since we’re locals to the Alabama Gulf Coast, we’ll give you our picks for an outstanding Gulf Shores bucket list.
After you check out our Gulf Shores bucket list, start planning your unforgettable vacation along the Gulf of Mexico. Click the link below to get exclusive rates on the best outdoor activities and lively attractions in the area.
Activities & Attractions
Our Gulf Shores Bucket List
No matter what time of the year it is, there’s always something to do here. Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan are filled with top-notch family-friendly activities that will keep the whole group smiling.
You can’t beat the weather during the spring months in Gulf Shores. The high temperature hovers around 75-80 degrees, and by late spring, the ocean is warm enough to take a dip. Plus, most children are still in school, so the best beaches and attractions aren’t too crowded. Check out some of these fun-filled things to do in spring.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo – Whether you’re young or old, you’ll have a blast at the zoo. It’s home to over 600 animals, including 22 endangered species, and they put on animal stage shows daily during warm months.
- Snorkeling – Experience the fascinating marine life that lies behind the water surface and try snorkeling. An array of local outfitters will lead to you the best snorkeling spots in the area. Keep your eyes peeled for stingrays, horseshoe crabs, butterflyfish, sea turtles, and much more!
- Trampoline Jump Experience at The Factory – If you’re looking for the best rainy day activity, head to The Factory and jump on some exciting trampolines. You can also try air dodgeball, dunk on the basketball hoop, and soar through the air and into giant foam pits!
The Gulf Shores area is in full swing during summer, and it’s the perfect spot for an unbelievable beach vacation. The opportunities for fun and making memories that will last a lifetime are practically endless! Check out some of our top picks below.
- Beaches – You can’t have a beach vacation without spending warm, relaxing summer days in the sand. The Alabama Gulf Coast is filled with public beaches, some of which are the most beautiful beaches in the United States. Whether you want to sit back and work on your tan or play a rousing game of beach volleyball, you’re in for a treat at our local beaches.
- Dolphin Tours – Set sail on the back bays of the Gulf Coast and treat yourself to a thrilling dolphin tour. There are many outfitters in the area offering sunset cruises, nature cruises, dolphin cruises, and more.
- Flora Bama – There’s no place like Flora Bama, the word-famous waterfront beach bar. From live music to delicious food to one–of–a–kind contests and events, there’s always something entertaining going on here.
During autumn, accommodation rates are lower, and there is plenty of warm weather to enjoy along the Gulf. Plus, the kids are back at school, which means it’s the perfect time to treat yourself to a well-earned, romantic, adults-only getaway. Here are some fantastic options for fall activities!
- Water sports – The fall season is one of the best times to get out on the water, enjoy salty sea breezes, and try out some water sports, such as parasailing, kayaking, or paddleboarding.
- Alabama Gulf State Park – The leaves might be falling back home, but you’ll experience sunshine and tropical flora as you explore the hiking trails through the scenic Alabama Gulf State Park.
- Pontoon rentals – One of our favorite things to do in the area is to rent a boat and explore the Gulf Coast first-hand. Pontoon rentals are the best way to get the whole group out on the water for a day filled with fun and sun.
Don’t let the dreary winter season get you in a funk. Drive south and enjoy a serene getaway by the coast. This season attracts fewer crowds and tourists so that you can make the most out of your trip. Check out some of our picks for winter activities in Gulf Shores.
- Ice Skating – Each winter, The Wharf in Orange Beach has an ice skating rink. How often do you go on a beach vacation and have the option to go ice skating? Ice skating is a wonderful way to spend a date night or an evening out with the family.
- Deep-sea fishing – Winter is one of the best times for fishing in Gulf Shores. You’ll have the opportunity to catch redfish, pompano, and sheepshead when you cast your line in colder waters. Fishing charters are an amazing way to get the most out of your Gulf Shores fishing experience. Select a fishing charter and listen to the top-notch knowledge of the local guides.
- Golfing – With mild temperatures, the winter is a fantastic time to play a round of golf. You can work on your swing at gorgeous award-winning local courses without working up a nasty sweat.
Your Dream Gulf Coast Vacation Rental
If staying in a beautiful, luxurious vacation rental is on your bucket list, look no further than Harris Vacation Rentals. Our properties are out of this world. They’re located throughout Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan. Plus, they each come with an array of outstanding amenities. Whether you’re looking for oceanfront views, a private pool, game room, or a pet-friendly property, we’ve got you covered.
As you’re planning your beach vacation, be sure to check out Tripshock. Here, you can book the best activities and things to do in the area at exclusive rates. If you’re looking for a family-friendly tour, equipment rental, or ticket to an exciting event, Tripshock has got you covered.
Browse our availability and pick the perfect vacation rental for you. We can’t wait to host you during your incredible beach vacation!
View Our Vacation Rentals